You heard it here first people! The upcoming Fall/Winter 2017 Collection is on its way at last. Cue the confetti and order a pumpkin spice latte!
Here are a few fun facts to get you as excited as we are:
- This is RESPONSIVE TEXTILES 5th collection. It hard to believe how time flies and how far the brand has grown since Season 1. See for yourself here.
- The collection is titled "Lady of the Lake." If you are familiar with Camelot mythology, you know that there are a few versions of the Lady of the Lake. Sometimes, she is depicted as an enchantress and seductress. Other times, she is a nurturer and motherly figure. This collection loosely pulls from both, as well as includes inspiration from other women of water (such as Ophelia from Hamlet). Most importantly though, beyond the limits of myth, this collection draws on the duality of water itself. For example, water can float things and nourish them. However, it can also weigh things down and drown them. It can be clear and pure. It also can be murky and muddy. Water is full of layers and changing currents. It ebbs and flows. This collection celebrates the beauty of its wildness and complexity, while also celebrating the female body and form.
- This is our first collection that will not be launching at Fashion Week. FTW?! Yes, you heard me right! This season we are trying something that I think it will be better suited to our mission of slow, intentional fashion. In the past, RSPNSV TXTLS has operated within the traditions of many large fashion labels: having a formal presentation on a glistening runway. However, I had a revelation about this a while ago. (You can read all about it here.) The summary version is this: since RESPONSIVE TEXTILES is not a large, fast-fashion label, it should not operate as one. RSPNSV is a limited edition, slow fashion platform. We are not interested in connecting with retail buyers because we only sell directly to our customers, on a handmade-to-order basis. Therefore, the only people we are are interested in connecting with is you! To honor this, we are stepping off the runway and focusing our attention on optimizing your experience. You can expect smaller, more thoughtfully curated collections, and look forward to more trunk shows throughout the holiday season. This is uncharted territory for RSPNSV TXTLS, but it feels like a step in the right direction. I cannot be more excited about it!
- What can you expect to find in the next collection? Your favorite RSPNSV TXTLS staples will be in attendance. (Obvi.) These are the timeless pieces that carry you through many seasons. In addition, there will be a lot of new textures and snuggly silhouettes. Since I am not worried about completely dressing 10-14 women for a runway presentation, I am able to focus on creating the winter knits you need: warm tops, easy layers and a lot of cozy vibes!
- When is the launch? October 2017, right here at responsivetextiles.com! It is just a month away, and yeah, I am kind of in crazy knitting, go-mode. I cannot wait to share with you what I have been working on. To be notified as soon as the collection is available, be sure to sign up below! Bonus incentive: you will also get 10% OFF your next purchase by joining before the new collection launches. x